“ Remember that a child is a gift from God, the richest of all blessings. Do not attempt to mould him in the image of yourself, your father/ mother, your brother/sister or neighbor. Each child is an individual and should be permitted to be himself.”
IPS looks at every student as an individual who is given an environment and opportunity to bring forth the best in the person. Our pedagogy is state of the art and is constantly reviewed and updated. We seek balanced growth of children enriched by knowledge and with a sound Moral Compass. Value education is our USP. We strive to create future citizens who are doers, responsible citizens and contributors to the community. We instill a world view amongst our students, make sound communicators and give them a clear vision of the future.
During the past five years, we have been implementing multiple changes at Indira Priyadarshini School to make it a leading and innovative school in South Bangalore, including
- development of a new STEM, literacy and values-focused curriculum;
- renovation of our facility, with spacious learning spaces, labs and a well-stocked library;
- transforming our pedagogy to be inquiry-based and learned-centered, with a focus on hand-on learning;
- implementing safe processes to continue our transformation during the pandemic
IPS offers a high-quality educational experience and a nurturing environment that fosters life-long learning skills. We are proud of the caliber of our staff and the work that they do; we are even prouder of the students with whom we work day by day. The School’s admission procedure is outlined below. At Indira Priyadarshini School we have worked to make our admission process as simple as possible to ensure that all prospective parents enjoy a stress-free admissions experience. While most students enter our school in one of the Pre-School classes, we welcome applications at all grade levels.
We are currently affiliated to the Karnataka State Board. Our application for CBSE accreditation (for Grades 1 to 8) is in progress and is expected to be completed by the start of AY22-23.
We welcome you and your ward to be part of the rich academic experience we offer in IPS, where we work hard to ensure that each day is filled with learning, fun and achievement.
Please feel free to email or call us if you need any additional information, and we will be glad to help. If you would like to have a tour of the school, please call us and we will schedule a time-slot.
Click here to learn more about our curriculum, instruction and our community.
Email: www.ipsjpn.in Phone: 08026580222 9731423233
The First Step to a Life of Purpose and Achievement
- IPS prioritizes students and families who are interested in our STEM-focused curriculum, and in our progressive and values-based culture.
- Preference will always be given to the siblings of the children already studying in the school.
- We have minimum age-appropriate criteria for being accepted for admission, in order to ensure students are successful in the grade they join.
- We will also assess the student’s learning style and social-emotional strengths to ensure the school is the right fit for them.
- However, our primary consideration in admitting students is whether the parents/guardians are seeking the educational ethos we provide and will be willing to provide their ward the support necessary to succeed in our rigorous academic environment.
- The School will accept all students for whom the School is an appropriate educational match, irrespective of gender or creed of the student
- Download our Application Form online: Alternately, the form can be collected from our Front Office. Counsellors will be available to answer any question you have about school or the admissions process.
- Registration: Once the form is filled and the required photographs and documents have been attached, parents are requested to visit the school to submit the application package and register their application, along with the payment of a non-refundable fee of INR xx.
- Student assessment and Parent/Guardian Interaction: Following registration, the student will be provided a time slot for a brief assessment, followed by Parent/Guardian conversation with the Admissions Officer and/or the Principal.
- Admission Notification: Admission notification will be intimated following the Parent/Guardian conversation
The School follows the Semester system
The School has applied for CBSE accreditation from Grade 1 to Grade 8. Approval is expected in AY22-23.
Presently, all sections are recognized by the Govt. of Karnataka.
High school (9th and 10th) is accredited to State Board (SSLC).
Long-term, we will be a CBSE institution, with State Board offered for 9th and 10th standard.
- Candidates must complete all admission requirements and submit required preliminary documents to be considered for admission assessment.
Evaluation for Pre-School (Nursery, K1 and K2): The school will schedule a discussion with the student in a friendly and informal atmosphere to assess minimum grade readiness criteria.
The following are examples of activities and assessments that may be conducted:
Assemble puzzles to assess hand and motor co-ordination
Identify animals, colours, shapes etc.
Clarity of speech, behaviour and ability to follow instructions
Ability to recognize letters, similar/ different objects, shapes
Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
Manual dexterity skills are tested to see if he/she is ready to begin writing in K1.
Recognition and writing skills are assessed
Writing upper and lower case alphabets
Reading letters phonetically
The following documents will have to be submitted at the time of admission:
4 passport-size photos of the student
2 passport-size photo of each parent/guardian
Grade 2 upwards: Original TC from the previous school
Proof of parents/guardian’s residence address
Photocopies of all achievement certificates in the field of Academics, Sports, Extra Curricular activities.
Photocopy of Passport if available. This is mandatory for overseas students.
Health History form
The Admission documentation booklet must also be completed and duly signed by both Parents. It contains information which will assist you in your relationship with the School.
Admission will be confirmed once the fees are paid and mandatory documents submitted.
Parents will be intimated of the date and time of uniform & textbook issue
Your ward will be notified of the section they have been assigned to on the day of joining. The class teacher will hand over the time table for your ward.
There will be a parent orientation program before the beginning of the new academic session. This program will acquaint the parents with the Vision, Mission & Ethos of the school.
Attendance on the first day of reopening is mandatory for all students. Absence without a valid reason (health or other emergencies) may result in the admission being cancelled.
Grade Entry Age (as of June 1, 2021)
Pre-Nursery: 2 Years 6 Months+
Lower Kindergarten: 3 Years 6 Months+
Upper Kindergarten: 4 Years 6 Months+
Grade 1: 5 Years 6 Months+